Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Voice in Audiobooks

While planning for the upcoming school year I was visiting www.commoncore.org for unit ideas.  The first unit for grade 6 included Peter Pan.  I thought to myself, perhaps it is in the public domain, and I can get a free pdf of it for the nooks in school.  I was correct, so I continued my hunt, this time looking for an audio...Yep!  Librivox has a recording of Peter Pan.  These recordings are done by anyone, and what a great way for my students to listen to a text, by a fluent reader.  I am so grateful for services like this.

Today, however I was reading my blogs, and found this entry from Audiobook blog.

The video of Andy Serkis reading C.S. Lewis's Screwtape Letters is AMAZING.  He truly makes the book come alive!




But them I watched the attached video of him as Gollum...and I realized I had seen this actor on the View last week, promoting the Rise of the Planet of the Apes...he was Caesar. I often decide to listen to a book because of the narrator.  Now I have another to add to my list.  And perhaps now I have to go watch him not talk as well...in the theater as Caesar!

No comments: