Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I have ventured out on my own

My last entry discussed how I am inspired by those around me (virtually that is).  Tonight I just had to share my own creations.  Just like reading and writing, the more you do it, the better you get.  At first you need examples, and scaffolding, and then... you gain confidence, and next thing you know your riding with no training wheels.


I made 3 cards tonight.  The first one was a card for a member of the scrapbooking/Cricut community, Monique Griffith who  was just diagnosed a few weeks ago with Stage 3 Breast Cancer.  My pink stamper asked people to make/send her cards.  The  paper was all from one stack, whose cover sheet  fell off long ago, so I can not tell you the brand.  The heart is stamped in Distressed Ink Peeled Paint, and stamped with Stamp'n up's Rustic Rooster. 



 The next two cards began as distressed tags.  I used some of the techniques I learned from the videos I watched the other day (Thinking Inking Distress Inks Part 1 & part 2).  The first tag is clear embossed with a weeds stamp from Rubbernecker, then inked with the new Honey Distressed ink (using the stamp on the craft sheet, mist, then smosh the tag method).  I tore the bottom and then inked with vintage photo.  The ribbon is Martha Stuart (just bought on clearance at wal-mart) and the t is from stampoloy hand drawn alpha (clearance too).  
 




















The final card is just inked with sage, denim blue and red brick.  I used Tim Holtz masks and stamps.  The sentiment is from the Pixie expressions  Explore travel set. 



No comments: