Sunday, July 11, 2010

Creative~ if tutored

I belong to a forum called Startascrapbook.com. The great think about belonging to an online community is how you all inspire each other.  One of the ladies posted a link to a site that had tons of tutorials.  As in every other online adventure I embark on lately one thing led to another:

I went to the new site, then I added it to my Google reader feeds, then I started reading past posts on there, then it directed me to this you tube video which had started my distress ink buying sprial, so I watched it again and went into the craft room and created this card.





The background butterflies are from blockhead, I inked the entire stamp with Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink, and just touched Fired Brick on a few parts, then I misted the stamp with water, stamped the image on the card, then applied the heat gun to dry it out.  The tags were inked with Vintage Photo Distress Ink, then I misted a smaller butterfly stamp from All night media (an old stamp I just found) with water, blotted it and then applied it to the tag, drying it right away, if you look close it almost looks like a watermark.  Finally I used an archival black ink pad and stamped the additional butterfly images (same as the water ones) and the Tim Holtz mini muse  sentiment stamp.

I can be creative. I just need some inspiration!  Thank you online communities!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Oooh teach me! when are we going to craft together??? I love your card...let plan a craft night...its only paper!!! I think you would love to dig through my stash!