Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Altered State

Well Summer is officially here. I read two professional books, stated my must read list, and promptly got sidetracked.  I have fallen into the Tim Holtz,distressed look hole. I started with the inks and stamp pads I had on hand.  I bought the tags at office max ( box of 100 for $5), and I was on my way.  My first few tries were promptly thrown out, but here are the next few I made.



I had no clear embossing pads, so I used the distressed ink red on these, not the best, but a start.
This morning I was ready to create a tag with a purpose.  Here it is:


I still do not have a good blending tool, so my "tea" inking is a little heavy and uneven, but I love the embossing and painted on ink in the pots. 

Of course, I didn't think I had enough of the right tools so I had to internet shop... and found these amazing sites: Rubbernecker, Blockhead (great prices, and amazing selection), and Simon Says Stamps (accessories).

I hope to finish City of Lights on the beach tomorrow (between dips to cool off, we're in the middle of a heat wave here), and then back to some YA titles.  This grown up reading is taking me forever!

2 comments:

Michelle Flick said...

Karen, they look awesome! Yet another great idea and end product!!!

Lauren said...

YA lit is def satisfying...quick reads and good insight to the social perspective of our students...some of my favorites...